Leading Edge Models | #32.27 1/32 Scale CAF CF-104 Starfighter
Reviewed by Ron Patterson
This release from Leading Edge provides for 8 different RCAF airframes. A very nice feature with this set is the inclusion of sufficient decals to complete two aircraft, one airframe in natural metal and one in Dark Green, including all stencils. A feature not usually found in aftermarket decal sheets. A very nice touch Leading Edge.
The set includes marking for the following airframes:
- S/N 104651 Natural metal two-seater - 417 Cold Lake Squadron
- S/N 104732 Natural metal single-seater – 417 Cold Lake Squadron
- S/N 104785 Green Single-seater - 439 Tigers Squadron
- S/N 104658 Green two-seater - 439 Tigers Squadron
- S/N 104779 Green single-seater – 421 Red Indian Squadron
- S/N 104661 Green two-seater – 441 Checker Squadron
- S/N 104652 Natural metal two-seater – AETE test aircraft
- S/N 104732 Natural metal single-seater – AETE test aircraft
AETE was the Aerospace Engineering & Test Establishment – Cold Lake Alberta.
The set comes with two sheets of very detailed instructions including detailed paint color information, recommended FS colors decal placement etc.
Two decal sheets are provided which are in absolutely perfect register and color. I’ve used Lead Edge decals many times and find them very thin and they react perfectly to MicroSol and MicroSet. I’ve never had any issues with silvering although I always lay decals down on a gloss coat.
I am looking forward to using these on my Italeri F-104 kit in the very near future.
The decals retail for $12.00 which is amazing since it provides for two airframes.
They can be ordered directly from Leading Edge Models website.
Review sample provided by Leading Edge.
© Ron Patterson 2014
This review was published on Friday, January 10 2014; Last modified on Tuesday, April 26 2016