Airframe & Miniature No 12 is coming back!
Information supplied by Mark Peacock
Valiant Wings Publishing’s twelfth title in the well-established Airframe & Miniature series- The Supermarine Spitfire Part 1 (Merlin-powered) - A Complete Guide To The Famous Fighter by Richard A. Franks - is coming back, expanded and updated.
The Spitfire is probably one of the most popular aircraft modelling subjects around. Our book goes some way towards unpicking the bewildering choices of variants and schemes that apply to the Merlin-powered versions.
This twelfth book in our much-acclaimed series now contains 272 pages packed with vital information that no active modeller and Spitfire enthusiast should be without.
It will contain:
- 40+ pages of technical information
- 20+ pages of walk-around images and technical diagrams
- 30+ pages of camouflage and markings
- 25+ pages of model builds and updated modelling information
- 200+ photographs including wartime images
- Colour side views and four-views by Richard J. Caruana
- 3D isometric views of all variants by Wojciech Sankowski
- Foreign service information
- Assessments of all new kits issued since mid-2018
- Specially commissioned extensive full kit builds by Libor Jekl, Steve A. Evans & Dani Zamarbide. Builds include Eduard’s new tool 1/48 Spitfire Mk I kit
- Specially commissioned front cover artwork by Jerry Boucher
- A bonus set of 1/48 scale plans
ISBN: 978-1-912932-14-6, RRP will be only be £24.95 per copy + postage and packing. Pre-orders via the Valiant Wings website, www.valiant-wings.co.uk, by ‘phone on 01234 273434 (+44 1234 273434 if calling from outside the UK) or by writing to:
Valiant Wings Publishing
8 West Grove
The Supermarine Spitfire Part 1 (Merlin-powered) - A Complete Guide To The Famous Fighter by Richard A. Franks is also available from specialist bookshops and certain hobby retailers. Publication is planned for late January 2021.
Pre-order specials! – Order your copy before January 31st and get it a special pre-order price of £22.95 AND save £2.00 on postage.
This article created on Friday, January 08 2021; Last modified on Friday, January 08 2021