Valiant Wings Lysander Book Announced
Information supplied by Mark Peacock
Airframe Detail No 9 is coming
I am delighted to announce the next title in the Airframe Detail series from Valiant Wings Publishing. This series of books offers everything that modern modellers want when they are tackling a specific subject and includes
- Period diagrams
- Data from flight manuals
- Data from spare parts catalogues
- Full colour profiles and concise camouflage and marking notes
Airframe Detail No 9 - The Westland Lysander - A Technical Guide by Richard A. Franks
The Westland Lysander remains a subject of interest to enthusiasts and modellers alike. It has been kitted in most scales over the years and now it seems right to produce a title on this particular type.
Our ninth title in the Airframe Detail series will be an essential companion for anyone tackling the Revell (ex-Matchbox) kit in 1/32nd scale, the Eduard/Gavia and Italeri/Hawk/Testor 1/48th examples or the many 1/72 scale kits from Airfix, Matchbox, Frog and the new tool Dora Wings kit released this year.
Contents will include all the elements listed plus:
- Period detail images during production and testing
- A wealth of historical technical photographs and diagrams
- Detailed walkaround images of preserved examples
- Colour profiles by Richard J. Caruana
- At least 80 pages in total
- Lists of all Lysander kits and accessories produced in all scales
- Full detailed build of the new Dora Wings 1/72 scale Mk III (SD) kit by Libor Jekl
Airframe Detail No 9 - The Westland Lysander - A Technical Guide by Richard A. Franks will retail at only £14.95 per copy + postage and packing.
The book will also be available from all good hobby stores and specialist bookshops. Publication is scheduled for late August. ISBN 978-1-912932-03-0
Pre-orders can be made via the Valiant Wings website, www.valiant-wings.co.uk, by ‘phone on 01234 273434 (+44 1234 273434 if calling from outside the UK) or by writing to:
Valiant Wings Publishing
8 West Grove
SPECIAL PRE-ORDER OFFERS - Save money
Save money ! Pre-order before August 28th and save £2 on post and packing, both UK and worldwide, plus £1 on cover price!
This article created on Saturday, July 25 2020; Last modified on Saturday, July 25 2020