Airframe Album No 4 on the Westland Whirlwind is Coming from Valiant Wings
Information supplied by Mark Peacock
Airframe Album No 4 is coming!
I am delighted to announce the fourth title in the Airframe Album series from Valiant Wings Publishing. This series of books offers everything that modern modellers want when they are tackling a specific subject and includes:
- Period diagrams
- Data from flight manuals
- Data from spare parts catalogues
- Walkaround images of preserved examples
- Fully detailed 3D isometric views of prototype and production machines
- Full colour profiles and concise camouflage and marking notes
Airframe Album No 4 - The Westland Whirlwind - A Detailed Guide to The RAF’s Twin-engine Fighter by Richard A. Franks
Our fourth title in the Airframe Album series will provides an excellent contrast to our previous three titles in the series and is perfectly timed for the release of the new 1/48 Trumpeter kit.
Contents will include all the elements listed plus:
- A wealth of historical and modern photographs
- Detailed study of the structure, equipment and armament used
- Isometric views by Maciej Noszczak of all prototype and production airframes
- Colour profiles and camouflage detail by Richard J. Caruana
- At least 84 pages in total
- Lists of all Whirlwind kits, accessories and decals produced in all scales
Airframe Album No 4 - The Westland Whirlwind - A Detailed Guide to The RAF’s Twin-engine Fighter by Richard A. Franks will retail at only £15.95 per copy + postage and packing, and will be available from all good hobby stores, specialist bookshops and ADH Books. Publication is scheduled for mid-April 2014.
Pre-orders can be made via the Valiant Wings website, by ‘phone on 01234 273434 (+44 1234 273434 if calling from outside the UK) or by writing to:
Valiant Wings Publishing
8 West Grove
SPECIAL PRE-ORDER OFFERS!
- Anyone directly pre-ordering a copy before April 10th will be entered into a prize draw to win a brand new tool Trumpeter 1/48 Whirlwind kit.
- £2.00 off P&P for all individual pre-ordered copies both UK and worldwide before April 10th.
This article created on Friday, March 14 2014; Last modified on Friday, March 14 2014