Trumpeter 1/32 F-117A
By Miroslav Jezek
Here is my Trumpeter F-117A.
The real plane is F-117A, 88-0843, "Affectionately Christine", April 2008, Holloman AFB. Time before last flight to Palmdale for "retirement to storage" = new paint ("Star and Stripes") on underside, with a lightly cleaned topside.
The work time on this model was 8 months, or approximately 400 hours. For a full detailed build description (step by step + a lot of photos...) you can see on my build thread on the Czech model forum.
- AIR2187, AIRES resin cockpit, AIR2187
- 632013, Eduard, resin bombs GBU-24
- 632169, Eduard, resin bombs GBU-10 Paveway II
- RS32-0290, Reskit, resin bombs GBU-24 A-B
- 32754, Eduard, photo etched parts - belts
- 32316, Eduard, photo etched parts - exterior
- 32315, Eduard, photo etched parts - bomb bay
- 32744, Eduard, photo etched parts - interior
- 32508, 32942, Eduard, placards
- XL520, Eduard paint mask
- JX141, Eduard, 2x Canopy mask
- 135503, HGW, textile straps
- AW32305, Armory, wheels F-117
- 32013, Profimodeller, photo etched parts: undercarriage
- TF15, holographic foil Hasegawa
- Omask, Masks for insignias and codes
- Omask, Masks for field of stars
- Omask, decals for bombs and bomb covers
- Plastic profiles, wires...
- Squadron/signal, Aircraft no 115
- Aces High Magazine - Gulf War
- Haynes Owners Workshop manual, 1981 – Present
- Gunze C + MRP
- Weathering: AK Interactive
In conclusion, the net result:
One of the worst model builds ever, but one of the best F-117As ever!
© Miroslav Jezek 2023
This article was published on Thursday, February 02 2023; Last modified on Sunday, February 05 2023