Trumpeter 1/32 SBD-5 Dauntless
By Brett Matthews
Here is my finished build of Trumpeter's 1/32 SBD-5 Dauntless. I have modeled this after the planes the RZNAF used in World War 2 for a short time, before switching to Corsairs, I believe.
After starting the 1/32nd world with Tamiya's Corsair, this was a bit of a change! Thankfully, even if it is not super crisp like Tamiya, it still built up quite nicely.
Aftermarket includes the following:
- Archer Fine Transfers complete resin raised rivet set
- Archer Fine Transfers SBD stencils
- Synthetic Ordinance Works landing gear
- Master Casters SBD weighted wheels/tires
- Montex Masks
- Master .30 caliber barrels
- Ventura Publication decals
- Airscale placards
- Eduard canopy masks
- MRP, Tamiya and Alclad paints
I think that's all...
A huge thank you to Woody at Archer Fine Transfers for letting me test out his rivet skins, they worked perfectly! For those of you considering them in the future, I HIGHLY recommend them to replace the recessed rivets on this kit.
For more on this project, please check out my build thread in the Work in Progress Forum.
© Brett Matthews 2021
This article was published on Thursday, March 04 2021; Last modified on Sunday, March 07 2021