Brian Fawcett | 1/32 'Fee' Crew Figures
Reviewed by James Fahey
1/32 ‘Fee’ Crew figures
By Brian Fawcett
First Look review by James Fahey
Price: £20.00 plus postage and packing
These figures are designed for use with the Wingnut Wings FE2b kit. They came well packed - covered in bubble wrap inside a light box. A little assembly is required as there are ten parts in all, including separate heads and arms. The sprue gates are thin and parts easily removed.
Payment is by Paypal.
- Natural poses and anatomy looks right. Faces are sculpted perfectly.
- Correct uniforms for early war period ie breeches and puttees. The boots are nicely detailed and the RFC flying helmets and goggles are also very well done. Here is a link to a photo of an RFC flying helmet from The KaisersBunker.com:
- The observer is standing on an angle which is just right for being upright when the Fee is on the ground.
- The gloves lying over the edge of the cockpit are a nice touch and make the figures more believable
- The pilot fits in the kit seat nicely, no liposuction required around the rear end
Could Have Been Improved
Nothing of any great significance. No painting instructions were included. Modellers will have to do a bit of research, but this is easily done online. I found the map was too wide to fit between the observer's hands. This was easily remedied by trimming each side. The heads did not appear to be interchangeable which I discovered by trial and error.
The figures are beautifully sculpted and moulded, and will provide ‘human interest’ to the Wingnut Wings Fee. The little extras – gloves and map – were icing on the cake. Highly recommended.
Thanks to Brian Fawcett for providing samples for this review.
This review was published on Wednesday, February 27 2013; Last modified on Wednesday, May 18 2016